Submit a case study
Currently we are developing the case studies that will be included in the 2015-2016 edition of Shelter Projects. The abstracts have been submitted, and the project panel will decide which case studies to include.
Case study template
If you still wish to submit a case study for review, please download the submission form here
Projects should be submitted in the format above, by the end of October 2016.
Criteria for inclusion
The panel will use the following criteria as a guide to agree on which case studies should be included:
- The shelter project must be wholly completed, or solid learnings can be gained from the project implementation to date.
- Given the scale of emergency shelter need every year, case studies must have had large-scale impacts. Discontinued trials or design concepts will not be included.
- The majority of the project must be implemented within the first year following a natural disaster. For conflict affected populations, chronic emergencies and returns processes, longer time scales will be considered.
- Accurate project information is available from staff involved in the project implementation.
- The case studies should illustrate a diversity of approaches to meet shelter need. Providing shelter is more than simply designing architecturally impressive structures.
If interested, please take a minute to complete this online survey on Shelter Projects: www.surveymonkey.com/r/NF87XW9
Below are a few questions about this web site. We would be very grateful indeed if you could take a moment to answer these questions - this will help us to make this documentation of case studies better suited to your needs.
- or simply email us: